Your heart is a very important organ of your body and it is your duty to take care of it if you really wish to lead a healthy and happy life. However, present-day stress and lifestyle habits to get in the way when it comes to the health of your heart. This is why you must be aware and ensure that you stay away from elements and factors that harm your heart and promote mild to severe health complications.
George S Ammar- simple tips to take care of your heart health
George S Ammar from the USA is a hard-working professional who takes care of his health no matter how tough work and life demands are. He says that the following 5 tips play a great role when it comes to the improvement of your heart health and reduces stress in life-
- Give up smoking- This is the best thing you can do for your heart. Smoking increases your risks to coronary health disease. This is why it is important for you to ensure that you stop smoking if you want to live healthy and happy. Medical experts suggest that when you give up smoking you will notice the difference in the first year itself. The chances of the heart attack are reduced by more than 50% compared to that of a smoker.
- Stay active- when it comes to a healthy lifestyle, it is very important for you to get up and stay active. Being active will also improve your mood and keep the stress at bay. It is important for you to stay and remain fit. You should get into mild to high-intensity exercise at least 5 days in a week. If you are physically fit you will improve the health of your heart with success.
- Weight management- It is important for you to manage weight effectively. It is crucial for you to stick to a diet that is less in sugar and fat. Ensure that you eat a lot of vegetables and fresh fruit. In case you are obese or overweight, it is important for you to get into a weight loss plan.
- Increase your fiber intake- You should increase your intake of fiber to reduce heart disease. It is crucial for you to aim for at least 30g of fiber daily. There is a wide range of sources from where you can get fiber. They include bread, oats, bran etc. Try to eat wholegrain cereals, eat potatoes with their skin on and incorporate lots of fresh vegetables and fruit into your diet.
- Reduce saturated fat- It is important for you to reduce food rich in saturated fat. Saturated fat increases blood cholesterol. It is important for you to choose lean meat and opt for low-fat variants of milk and dairy products.
George S Ammar says that the above 5 tips will help you increase the health of your heart drastically. Follow them and lead a happy life without health complications as the tips discussed above do not only help your heart but they take care of your overall health as well.