To understand the relevance of SAP HANA in the IT industry, let’s go through the SAP HANA questions asked in the interviews.
- Give a brief sap hana meaning.
- SAP HANA is an in-memory database:
- It is a unification of hardware and software created to process large amounts of real-time data using In-Memory computing.
- It couples the row-based and the column-based database technology.
- Data now resides in main memory (RAM) and not on the hard disk.
- It’s best suited for carrying out real-time analytics and developing and deploying real-time applications.
- Why should you choose SAP HANA?
- SAP HANA is one of the fastest growing products in the SAP merchandise of products and is seen by the industry as a breakthrough solution for in-memory databases. SAP HANA claims that it stimulates analytics and applications on a single, in-memory platform as well as data processing, combining databases, and application platform capabilities.
SAP HANA is a next-gen business platform which brings together
- Business transactions
- Advanced analytics
- Mobile experience
- Social media
- Collaborative business
- Design connections
- What is the SAP HANA Studio?
- The SAP HANA studio is an Eclipse-based development and administration medium for working with HANA. It’s a client tool, which can be used to enter the local or remote HANA system.
It allows technical users to maintain the SAP HANA database, to create and manage user permissions, to generate new or modify existing models of data etc.
- What is a schema in SAP HANA?
- A database schema is a method to logically group objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, etc. There are 3 types of schemas that exist.
- User Defined Schema: The user (DBA or System Administrator) makes this schema.
- SLT Derived Schema: When SLT is set up, it produces a schema in the HANA system. All the tables replicated into the HANA system are contained in this schema.
- System Defined Schema: The SAP HANA database delivers these schemas which contain HANA system information. There are system schemas like _SYS_BIC, _SYS_REPO, _SYS_BI,_SYS_STATISTICS etc.
- What are its System Requirements?
- Java JRE 1.6 or 1.7 has to be installed to run the SAP HANA studio. The Java runtime must be mentioned in the PATH variable. And, make sure to select the correct Java variant for installation of SAP HANA studio:
- 32-bit installation, choose a 32-bit Java variant.
- 64-bit installation, choose a 64-bit Java variant.
- What do you understand by Metadata, Master data and Transaction data?
- Meta Data: Meta Data is nothing but the data about data. It gives you an idea about the structure of data or Meta Objects.
Master Data: This Data is the key business information like Customer information, Materials, Employee, etc. This is more like a reference data. For example, if a customer orders 10 units of your product then instead of asking the customer for his shipping address 10 times, the same can be obtained from the Customer Master Data.
Transaction Data: This is the data related to day to day transactions.