If you have a good eye for aesthetics, there are plenty of career paths you can take but the most appealing one is being a graphic designer. Being a graphic designer, you have to think creatively and come up with unique concepts. You also need to be a team player.
On top of your innate creativity, you have to be skilled with adobe creatives. It is required that you are skilled with graphic design tools. Here are some tools that are frequently utilized in the world of Graphic Design and Animation today:
- Adobe Photoshop: Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editor. It is available for Windows and macOS users. You have to know that this tool has the power to edit or compose raster images in several layers and backs alpha and masks compositing. It has also color models that include (Red, Green, and Blue) RGB, CIELAB, (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Key) CMYK, duotone and spot color.
- Adobe InDesign: Adobe InDesign was instigated to create books, posters, brochures, flyers, magazines, newspapers and the like. This is considered to be one of the most important tools for graphic designers. This has become the prevailing Desktop Publishing (DTP) software.
- Adobe Illustrator: Adobe Illustrator is the big sister of Adobe Photoshop. Remember that Adobe Photoshop is mostly used for editing or manipulating photos. As for the Adobe Illustrator, it creates vector images that are high quality. Designers use this tool to make charts, logos, illustrations, diagrams, and graphs.
- Adobe Freehand: Adobe Freehand is an application that can create 2D vector graphics. This is used in desktop publishing as well as content creation aimed at the web.
- Adobe Acrobat: Adobe Acrobat was designed to view, manipulate, create and print Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Adobe FrameMaker: This program is designed to write and edit complicated documents like structured documents. Structured FrameMaker is utilized to attain uniformity in the documentation process of industries like aerospace, pharmaceuticals and many more.
- Adobe Lightroom: Adobe Lightroom was designed to permit large numbers of digital images to be viewed, organized and edited.
- Adobe InCopy: Adobe In Copy can be integrated with In Design. You already know that In Design is used to publish all kinds of visual materials. In Copy, on the other hand, allows the editors to design, write and edit documents.
If you are just starting, take your time in familiarizing and soon you will master it. The thing here is to be patient and not give up. If you want to hasten your learning, there are Online Graphic Design schools are offering specialized courses.